MovementScreen is a unique application designed to screen and assess movement capacity. This app is designed for use by exercise physiologists, fitness professionals, Strength & Conditioning coaches, physiotherapists, chiropractors and other movement professionals. MovementScreen is free to download from the App Store and comes with 5 free tests before having to pay for additional tests using In-App purchases.
The MovementScreen program contains:
- a pre-exercise screening system aiming to identify cardiorespiratory risk factors
- a standardised physical activity and sedentary behaviour questionnaire
- a disability assessment tool using the World Health Organisation Disability Assessment Questionnaire.
- a Posture Assessment evaluation.
- a movement analysis system using 9 standardised movements. This includes the capacity to record client videos and compare these movements against reference video clips
- a variety of results screens including:
- a % injury risk score, ‘hot spot’ areas for injury risk using up to 15 different body sites
- individual movement scores
- physical capacity scores in 5 domains [symmetry, balance, stability, mobility and strength]
- and corrective exercise suggestions based on the specific screening results
- a compare feature so that pre-post changes can be quantified for individual clients
- a comprehensive PDF report feature that includes explanations of all output variables
- Capacity to export data allowing for further storing, analysing, comparing, and graphing of results.